Monday, May 03, 2010

I woke up this morning, to a cold little nose nuzzling my ear, informing me that I was 15 minutes late.  As I lifted the covers that had been encasing me Obie (owner of that cold little nose) flew off the bed and landed at the door.  With one quick look over his shoulder Obie rushed down the stairs to the back door and gave an impatient yip. Mikey, the more mature dog of the house was wagging his whole back end in anticipation of his, slightly belated, morning constitutional.  Dogs are great, neither of my companions thought to berate me for sleeping in, they were just all that more happy and excited to go out when it was time. 
Why is it that more humans can't take this attitude of gratitude?  People, when things don't go as  expected, tend to get sour, whiney or downright unpleasant.  Next time you feel a stress out coming on try chasing a cat, digging a hole or even sitting down for a darned good scratch (don't worry about who's watchin either).  Trust me, it will feel better than getting angry.

1 Comments:

At 9:28 a.m., Anonymous housewife said...

finally, your getting it;>)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home