Friday, March 24, 2006

Just rambling

Joy and the pursuit of it may seem a selfish thing to some. But for me it is a neccesity. Maybe because after our son was killed I went into a major depression so I know what it is to live life with none.

While depressed it can seem like Joy is a myth. It sucks and is hard to imagine but life goes on. The wound is closing. It is deep and will never heal completely so Joy is, pain management. Hard to find at times but with faith to guide me it is never really far.

I gave two talks yesterday at the local Boys and Girls club. I told them some of Kyles story and how our family dealt with the tragedy. It was an emotional day. Luckily I have learned not to be embarassed by my tears. I just hope that my talk helped at least one person know that they are not alone.
It's all I can do.